Friday, February 13, 2009

CHINESE MARROW ROLLS

My wife made these Chinese Marrow Rolls, out of curiosity when told about the recipe by the lady owner of a vegetable stall in the market. The ingredients are one small Chinese Marrow, 6 pieces of Chicken fillet, 3 pieces of Shiitake mushroom and 1/2 carrot. The end result was o.k. A refreshing new dish on the table for us!

Sliced the Chikgua (Chinese Marrow) with a slicer.

The thinly sliced Chinese Marrow.

Blanched it for a while and colander it.

Sliced carrot strips.

Chicken fillet marinated with an egg, salt and pepper.

Sliced Shiitake mushroom.

Sprinkle some Tapioca flour on the sliced Chinese Marrow, place ingredients on it and roll it.

Arranged on a plate and steamed it for about 15 minutes.

Ready to eat-every bite of it brings a perfect blend of color, crunchiness plus a tender texture from the chicken fillet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Happy Valentine's Day to you too! I think I'm going to try the winter melon recipe - it sounds good - especially the melon part - that must give a sweetness and I'm ready to try something new! Nan

The Travelling Foodie said...

I find this dish very interesting. I must try this someday. Thanks.

foodbin said...

something new to share with everyone

Selba said...

Wow.. I didn't know that you can make rolls with melon, intersting...

Lori Lynn said...

Hey! Those sound great, I like the steamed chicken inside.
LL

foodbin said...

sorry for the mistake, it was a Chinese marrow.

PaTan said...

Wow!! Look great seem delicious may I try soon.;)