Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Penang Lor Bak.

 Lor Bak is marinated pork - roll in thin soybean sheets and then deep fried. Usually served with a small bowl of Loh (a thick broth thickened with corn starch and beaten eggs) and red chilli sauce and  together with a platter of fried Tofu, prawn fritters, century egg, fresh cucumber wedges-a good appetizer.

Thanks to my friend Eddie for these delicious home made Lor Bak from Penang.

Eddie is a Penang guy but now stays in Kuala Lumpur.


On his occasional trip back to Penang with his wife-they will pre-order these delicious home made cooked Lor bak from a local household by the hundred.

As the Lor bak are cooked, I just heat it up in a microwave oven for about three minutes and it was ready to be eaten.


Lor bak-well marinated-chunky cubed pork-sweet and fragrant with just the right amount of 5 spices powder-one of the best that I have ever eaten !

4 comments:

Small Kucing said...

my MIL is good at making this

foodbin said...

Small Kucing-you're lucky.

Anonymous said...

may i know the household loh bak maker is at Butterworth or Penang island? I would like to have the contact no and address, could you kindly email to my hotmail? ngleyhong@hotmail.com

TQ!

foodbin said...

Anon 11:20-It is on Penang island-I am sorry I do not have the information that you wanted but will email to you if I get hold of it.