Thursday, August 20, 2009

MY SWEET MALAYSIA: SWEET POTATO CUP CAKE.

Merdeka Open House Theme-MY SWEET MALAYSIA.

This is a simple sweet dessert called Sweet Potato cup cake made by my wife.

Recipe:
300 gm red Sweet Potato.
150 gm Tapioca flour
500ml Coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 freshly grated Coconut (toss it with some salt).

Peel red Sweet Potato skin-cut into small pieces and steam/cook it for 15 minutes.

Blend it together with Coconut milk, Salt and Tapioca flour and transfer to dainty Aluminium cake cups and steam for 20 minutes..

Cool it and dislodge it from the cup.

Roll it over the freshly grated Coconut thoroughly and serve.

Sweet, a bit salty, pillowy soft Sweet Potato cup cake filled with fresh coconut flavor with every bite!

13 comments:

CK Lam said...

Can hardly find this type of sweet potato cup cakes. A delicious snack that I indeed look forward to try out.

Selba said...

So nice that your wife made these cute sweet potato cup cake. The texture sounds perfect :)

Unknown said...

ah.... the steps is easy for me. Will try this out soon.

Anonymous said...

nice recipe!! thanks for sharing...I think I can try it soon

Rebecca Saw said...

yums!!
Me luv anything w tubers!
Seems pretty simple too ;)

vialentino said...

wow....u make this....superb chef / baker...hehehe.

EatTravelEat said...

Beautiful! So simple and looks so good :).I like the pattern the cup makes after you take the cupcake out.

What a coincidence too...I also posted a sweet dish involving sweet potato a few days ago.

foodbin said...

CKLam-quite rare.
Selba-it was!
FParadise/SGirl/TNGourmand-it's very easy.
Vialentino-made by my wife.
ETEat-Selba made some colorful cupcakes, too.

EatTravelEat said...

foodbin,
I noticed too! So colorful and so many layers :).

Unknown said...

mmm..looks delicious, and sounds so easy to make!

My Taste Heaven said...

delicious...might give it a try soon!

foodbin said...

Alice-it's easy.
MTHeaven-give it a try.

Babe_KL said...

Sorry I didn't have time to read all blogs but since now I did have the time, I just saw this post. Did you meant to submit this post to the open house? If yes, you would need to email me to inform me, I guess I've missed out your entry. Next year perhaps then ;-) but remember to email me yr submission.